Thanksgiving is over, and Christmas is just around the corner. This year has flown by! We’ve had a busy year for sure, with the opening of the new store, getting it filled, and all of the website improvements. The work never seems to end.
Patti and I want to express our gratitude for the support you folks have shown. It has been unanimous the response we’ve gotten on the new location and the addition of all the new products. As time goes on we will continue to strive to be the leader in selection and price.
Here is a rundown of all I can remember that we got done in 2013.
- Moved the store from Hurst to North Richland Hills into a 6100 square foot facility.
- Added Marine parts, accessories, electronics, and installation services
- Added several outdoor clothing lines including Simms, Columbia, Bass King, Bassaholic, Rugged Shark, and a few others.
- We got set up to do line spooling – which has become a service a lot of customers are taking advantage of.
- We started the Customer rewards program – to reward loyal customers.
- We held the “APT – Legend Days”. Where Legend Boats come out and brought their line-up of Bass Boats along with Chris Lane. We also had Gary Klein, Wally Marshall, Chris Zaldain, and a host of others here for the event.
- We have added thousands of items to our ecommerce site – anglersprotackle.com – and will continue to make updates daily. We’ve hired someone who is dedicated to just the website and keeping it up to date.
- We finalized our 2014 Pro Staff Team (Team Xtreme). We want to thank them for all the help they gave us this year, and for the commitment they have made for 2014.
- We started a Youth Fishing League to foster the growth of the sport and get more young anglers on the water. We will provide events and educational seminars though out the year for these young anglers.
- We joined the North East Tarrant County Chamber of Commerce, and look forward to becoming a larger contributor to the community.
- Without going into much detail we have plans for expansion. We are exploring locations to place our second and third stores.
- We have planned 4 big events for 2014. Watch our events calendar on this site for more information and dates.
- We announced the new APT Solo Challenge Tournament Trail. We’ve partnered with USA Bass Trails and feel this partnership is going to be beneficial not only to the anglers but also APT.
We look forward to seeing all of you in the upcoming year. We couldn’t have done what we have without your support. We will continue to strive to give our customers the best service, price and selection we can.